Boilers come in handy during the cold seasons. They keep the house warm and comfortable, assuring you to survive the cold season. Your boiler must always be in proper functional conditions. If your home has hot/cold spots, or if you notice that your boiler is leaking or requires frequent repairs, then it may be time for a boiler upgrade.
Most people commonly wait until a boiler breaks down entirely for them to act. Unfortunately, break downs usually occur when there is a dire need for heat, such as in the middle of a cold snap. The upgrade must be urgent, but on the flip side, you may not have emergency funds for a heating system replacement. Fortunately, you can stay alert and look for common signs showing it is time for a boiler upgrade. This way, you can avoid the last-minute rush.
What Homeowners Need To Know About Boiler Heating Systems
In this article, we discuss some of the common signs that indicate the need for a boiler replacement. Also, we will cover some of the advantages that come with a boiler replacement. Lastly, we discuss why you should consider investing in a Buderus boiler upgrade for your home.
Signs You Should Upgrade Your Boiler
You should hire a reliable HVAC professional to inspect your boiler regularly. During the inspection, they can inform you of your boiler’s condition. Also, be sure to look for the following signs:
- Increased Energy Costs: Increased costs of energy show that the boiler is old, and its maintenance is getting costly. When you are spending more to service it, it means that your boiler has become inefficient. Also, an old boiler will require more energy to keep your home comfortable. Thus, an upgrade is necessary.
- Age: A boiler tends to last 15 years or so. If your boiler is close to or past this timeframe, then it is time to start shopping for a new unit.
- Increase In Failure Frequency: If the unit fails often, then you are spending a lot on boiler repairs instead of investing your money into a new, energy-efficient system. Also, if your boiler requires a significant overhaul, then it is time for a boiler upgrade.
- Boiler Leakages: A leaking unit is due for repairs. Many factors cause boiler leaks. Depending on your particular situation, a leaking boiler may indicate the need for a replacement.
- Discoloration: When the fuel is not burning properly, it releases carbon monoxide. You can identify this by noticing black soot on your oil boilers of yellow flames on burners. If you notice that your system displays this sign, then turn it off and call Townsend Energy immediately.
- Discomfort In Your Home: If you notice some rooms are too cold or too hot, it is an indicator to pay attention. Fluctuating temperatures from one room to another mean your boiler’s effectiveness has dropped.
Advantages Of A Boiler Upgrade
- Energy Efficiency: Upgrading your boiler will offer you more efficiency. This translates into less fuel consumption and lower home heating costs.
- Improve Property Value: Once you replace your old unit with a new Buderus boiler, the value of your home rises. Besides, it will be safer for your family as possible exposure to poisonous carbon monoxide will be eliminated.
- Save Money: A problematic and old unit consumes more power with less efficiency, thus a loss. You also incur many repair and service costs with your old unit. Once you upgrade to a new boiler, these losses cancel out.
- More Comfort: You can set the precise temperature range in your home. The unit will be efficient whenever it is needed. Your home will have a balanced, even temperature and your comfort levels improve.
- Get A Smaller Unit With Quieter Operations: The Buderus boiler is a modern unit with sophisticated features. You will not worry about space usage, and noises from your old boiler are eliminated.
Why Choose A Buderus Boiler For Your Home?
The following are some excellent points about Buderus boilers. When buying a boiler, you ought to look at the unique aspects making that make the boiler stand out.
- Energy Efficient: Buderus boilers have a three-pass system for increased energy efficiency. Buderus boilers are certified Energy Star, making it authenticly energy efficient.
- Compact Design: The design of Buderus boilers is tremendously advanced to offer positive pressure operations. The sealing is commendable and guarantees your safety. The design also offers customers ease of installation. Besides, its design has handles which makes them convenient in transportation.
- Highly Reliable: With improved features and operations, Buderus boilers do not fail. Given its lifespan, you can be sure the Buderus boilers will serve you without a technical hitch for many years. Cleaning it takes a short time, and it is perfect, which ensures it does not fail at any point due to clogging. This prolongs its reliability in warming your home.
- Great Comfort: It keeps all the unwanted environmental conditions perfectly in check. With elaborate efficiency in burning fuel, it keeps the house warm, which guarantees your comfort.
Above are some of the reasons to choose Buderus boilers, but there are more. You will also get the flexibility of prices and sizes. Your budget will enable you to get an ideal size and model you need.
Call Townsend Energy For All Of Your Home Heating Needs
When your boiler starts to show any of the above signs, then it is time to start saving for its replacement. You should not wait until the unit completely fails as you may lack emergency funds for its replacement. Also, unexpected boiler replacement leads to rushed decisions, which is really not the best way to handle replacing one of the most important appliances of your home. Instead, plan ahead and make your decision wisely.
If you are having issues with your home heating system, be sure to call Townsend Energy right away. Townsend Energy is a reliable, full-service HVAC company in the area. We offer a range of heating and cooling services, including HVAC installations, repairs, tune-ups, and more. We also provide free, in-home estimates. Call Townsend Energy today.