Alternative energy has become popular nowadays. However, this isn’t an accident as the past 100 years or so have taught us that some of our practices resulted in global warming and other adverse effects. Therefore, we need to have effective strategies to lower our carbon footprint.
It isn’t a surprise that biofuels are part of this conversation. These liquid plant-based fuels are an effective alternative energy source. They are also renewable, meaning they will never run out.
Read on to learn how biofuels help reduce our carbon footprints. These crucial topics will tell you how switching to BioPure™ Heating Oil in New England can protect the environment:
Carbon Footprint Definition
- 1 Carbon Footprint Definition
- 2 Call Townsend Energy To Schedule A BioPure™ Heating Oil Delivery
- How BioPure™ Heating Oil Reduces Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- How BioPure™ Fuel Oil Burns Cleaner Than Home Heating Oil
- ULSHO: High BTUs And Almost Zero Particulate Emissions
- Carbon Footprint: An Accurate Definition Of An Often-Used Phrase
Wikipedia states that carbon footprint is a mixture of the total greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions caused by service, event, product, service, or individual.
In general, your carbon footprint is equal to the total carbon dioxide amount from each of the possibilities listed above.
Finding and specifically calculating the full carbon footprint is difficult in many ways. However, a version of the following definition is specifically utilized by Wright, Williams, and Kemp:
Carbon footprint is measured through the combination of the total CO2 and methane emissions of a population, system, or activity. All crucial sources, sinks, and storage within the spatial or temporal boundaries of a system, population, or activity are accounted for.
Two Kinds of Emissions: Direct or Indirect Carbon Emissions
It can be challenging to measure carbon emissions accurately due to the several CO2 types that need tracking. These are:
- Direct Carbon Emissions – Also called Scope 1 emissions, direct carbon emissions are obtained directly from sources that deliver or generate services or products. Some examples are personal cars, burning fuel on a job site, and gas-burning stoves.
- Indirect Carbon Emissions – Known as Scope 2 or Scope 3 emissions, indirect carbon emissions are taken from upstream or downstream sources. Examples of indirect upstream carbon emissions are production facility waste generated outside and materials transportation. On the other hand, indirect downstream emissions are product or waste transportation and product-related emissions.
How BioPure™ Heating Oil Reduces Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Per Energy.gov, the US Department of Energy (DOE) is completely dedicated to promoting the use of clean alternative energy. They are called biofuels, which are sources of energy that are plentiful, affordable, and readily available for use across the country.
More importantly, energy use is on the rise in the United States. The US is expected to have a 50% increase in energy consumption by 2030 compared to its current consumption level. Incorporating BioPure™ Fuel Oil into your life allows you to decrease your personal GHG emissions. This way, you do your part in environmental protection.
Biofuels can help cut down GHG emissions in many ways. Some essential facts about renewable fuel include:
Compared to traditional heating oil, BioPure™ Home Heating Oil offers a much cleaner burn. It is also completely biodegradable, so there are fewer greenhouse gasses emissions.
As of now, BioPure™ Heating Oil is the only liquid heating fuel that can reduce carbon emissions. The ultimate aim is to have net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. The good news is that the heating industry is achieving this earlier than planned.
Renewable agricultural byproducts are utilized in creating an effective liquid heating fuel called BioPure™ Heating Oil. Experts in the industry utilize used tallows, cooking oils, and fats, inedible corn oil, soybean oil, canola oil, and various other recycled oils to generate fuel with reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
More specifically, BioPure™ Heating Oil reduces the amount of CO2, mercury emissions, SOx emissions, and particulate matter by a wide margin. B100 grade biofuel will emit zero CO2 emissions by 2050.
How BioPure™ Heating Oil Burns Cleaner Than Home Heating Oil
BioPure™ Heating Oil is highly effective because it is non-toxic and fully biodegradable. A comparison with conventional heating oil for your home will show you thatBioPure™ Heating Oil generates fewer pollutants, such as sulfur dioxide, hydrocarbons, and sulfur dioxide. It also emits less nitrogen oxide by a lesser margin.
BioPure™ Heating Oil helps lower your carbon footprint because you burn cleaner heating fuel. In turn, you’ll get the following benefits:
- Fewer greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduced nitrogen oxide, carbon dioxide, and sulfur emissions
- Boilers and furnaces have an extended lifespan, so there’s less landfill waste.
Improve your carbon footprint today and give Townsend Energy a call to convert to BioPure™ Heating Oil in northeastern Massachusetts, southern New Hampshire, and Maine today.
ULSHO: High BTUs And Almost Zero Particulate Emissions
ULSHO means ultra-low sulfur heating oil. You might not know, but sulfur content is one of the leading causes of greenhouse gasses creation. Townsend Energy has been developing a cleaner kind of alternative energy that allows homeowners and businesses to reduce their carbon emissions and lower their carbon footprints precipitously.
A few critical facts regarding ULSHOs are:
- You don’t have to install a new heating system or pay outrageous additional costs.
- Its development uses 99% less sulfur.
- It generates 40 times less soot.
- It has 97% fewer airborne emissions.
- It produces as much as 30% fewer NOx emissions.
- It has over 90% less ash buildup.
- It has 15 ppm sulfur content than 2000 ppm sulfur content.
You should be able to understand by now how powerful biofuels are as an effective source of alternative energy. It is a plant-derived fuel that lowers CO2 emissions by a wide margin. Townsend Energy’s goal is to eliminate carbon emissions by mid-century and achieve net-zero emissions.
Are you prepared to switch to this fuel? Are you ready to claim environmental ownership and protect the Earth for future generations?
Do not hesitate to call Townsend Energy as soon as possible. We can help you by heating your home with BioPure™ Heating Oil in New England. This source of alternative energy is clean-burning, efficient, affordable, and the only economical method to reduce your carbon footprint right away.
Call Townsend Energy To Schedule A BioPure™ Heating Oil Delivery
Townsend Energy is offering consumers throughout Northeastern Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, and Maine a cleaner, greener solution with BioPure™ heating oil. This ULSHO is blended with pure biodiesel.
You don’t need to make any costly modifications to your current furnace when switching to BioPure™ heating oil and can experience all of the benefits of using a cleaner-burning fuel. Give Townsend Energy a call today and let’s discuss how BioPure™ heating oil can get you started in living greener and healthier.