Buderus Oil Fired Boiler Upgrade in Newbury, Massachusetts
The St. Arnault family recently noticed that their Newbury home felt a little colder than normal. Although they kept adjusting their thermostat to alleviate their discomfort, it seemed like it wasn’t helping. Also, they were also running out of hot water in the middle of a shower or while washing dishes. Furthermore, when they received their energy bill, then they really knew there was an issue. It was a lot higher than normal and without any obvious cause. They called Townsend Energy for help.
We dispatched two of our seasoned technicians to their home. After inspecting their heating system, our technicians determined that their old boiler was leaking. Due to the nature of the leak and the age of the system, our techs recommended an oil fired boiler upgrade for their Newbury MA home.
Table of Contents:
- Newbury HVAC System Installation
- Buderus Logano G115 Installation In Newbury MA
- What You Need To Know About Leaking Boilers In Newbury MA
- Call Townsend Energy For All Of Your Heating Requirements
Problem: Our customers felt uncomfortable in their Newbury home. Their energy costs had skyrocketed and their hot water oil boiler was unable to provide the family with enough hot water.
Solution: Townsend Energy removed their old boiler and upgraded it with an energy-efficient Buderus Logano G115 boiler in their Newbury MA home.
Newbury HVAC System Installation
This boiler installation included the following:
- Buderus G115/4 Forced Hot Water Boiler, 87% AFUE
- Riello Oil Burner with fresh air intake
- Aqua smart outdoor control
- Triple pass boiler for best in efficiency and longevity
- Watts 1156 water feeder & backflow preventer
- Lochinvar 40 gallon stainless steel indirect hot water tank with a lifetime warranty against leakage
- Flue pipe from boiler to chimney
- All necessary copper piping, with propress fittings
- Extrol expansion
- (5) Five Grundfos circulators with internal flow checks
- New supply and return headers, piped in black iron
- Miscellaneous fittings
- Removal and disposal of existing boiler and related materials
Buderus Logano G115 Installation In Newbury MA
Townsend Energy highly recommends Buderus boilers to all of their customers. This manufacturer is known among HVAC experts for its ability to provide a warm and comfortable environment in an energy-efficient manner. For the St. Arnault family, we installed a Buderus Logano G115 oil boiler in their home. This boiler matched the family’s home heating requirements and budget.
The Buderus Logano G115 oil boiler features:
- Stainless steel burner
- Premixes the fuel and oxygenated air for a flame that is clean-burning with reduced emissions
- Outdoor reset control that automatically adjusts to meet heating demands
- 5-year limited heat exchanger warranty and 1-year limited warranty on electrical and combustion parts
- Cast iron outer shell to ensure it is corrosion resistant
- Accessible swing door for maintenance and servicing
- Two ETL approved venting options-ensures correct venting
- No refractory parts to ensure a long lifespan
- Thermostream design
- Three-pass boiler design
- Adjusts its water temperature to meet outdoor conditions
- Adjustable legs
- Cast-iron heat exchanger and can resist thermal shock
- High efficiency – 87% AFUE
Our customers were happy that they called Townsend Energy. We were able to install their new boiler quickly and with very little interruption to their everyday activities. Also, the St. Arnaults can count on their new system for many years. They will feel warm and comfortable throughout many cold Newbury winters. Furthermore, they are also glad that their system can provide them with enough hot water to shower comfortably. With this new boiler, our customers will notice that their energy costs are much lower as well.
Overall, Townsend Energy was able to improve our customer’s home comfort while decreasing their energy costs, all while staying well-withing their budget.
If you or a loved one have an old, inefficient heating system in your home, be sure to call the heating experts at Townsend Energy. You can schedule a free consultation with one of our NATE certified technicians to go over your options. Call today!
What You Need To Know About Leaking Boilers In Newbury MA
First and foremost, it is important to note that only a trained professional should handle any boiler issues. Only an expert truly knows how to perform any maintenance or repairs on this type of heating system.
Why Address A Leaking Boiler?
One of the most common issues with hydronic heating systems is that they can leak. If you notice that your boiler is leaking, then you need to call an expert, like Townsend Energy, right away. Even if the leak seems like a minor issue, then you should still address it as soon as possible. A minor problem always makes headway for a major one. If you deal with a minor leak now, you can save yourself from an extremely stressful and costly situation later.
A boiler leak is an indication of a problem with the system. Generally, an internal component is damaged. This damage could be caused by something simple like a broken valve or seal. Also, it could be due to something far more complex such as internal rusting and corrosion. Unless a professional HVAC contractor inspects your system and determines the cause of the boiler leak, then you will not know how severe the issue is. Boilers have quite a few electrical components. If these components come in contact with a leak, then they can short circuit. Also, leaking boilers are notorious for causing structural damage to the home. Therefore, if you address a boiler leak immediately, you can avoid these secondary issues and the cost that comes with them.
Common Causes For Boiler Leaks In Newbury MA
There are many reasons that can cause a boiler leak. Hot water boilers either leak from the bottom of the unit or from the inside. Below are some of the typical causes:
- Pressure Valve: There is too much pressure inside the boiler. This can be due to the buildup of sediment, causing the boiler to leak.
- Temperature Valve: If the boiler water gets too high, then a temperature valve leak can occur. Usually, the temperature probe is malfunctioning.
- Corrosion: Rusted or corroded boilers tend to leak. This due to a component within the boiler that is corroded or the tank itself.
- Pipe Fittings: Water can also leak from a pipe fitting.
- Boiler Pump: Any leaks that originate at the seals of the boiler pump can either be replaced or resealed to stop a leak.
If you have a hydronic heating system in your home, then it is important that you schedule an annual tune-up and inspection of your unit. A technician will advise you when your system is approaching the end of its lifespan. However, it is also important that you understand the signs to keep an eye out for.
When Should I Replace My Boiler In Newbury Massachusetts?
Below, we will discuss some signs that indicate that a boiler upgrade is approaching.
- Boiler Age: Most boilers tend to last 20-30 years with proper maintenance. If your boiler is close to its 20-year mark, then a boiler replacement is approaching.
- High Energy Costs: As a boiler heating system ages, it becomes less efficient. Therefore, it uses more energy to produce the same amount of heat. If you observe that your home heating costs are unreasonably high, then it is time for a boiler replacement.
- Increased Boiler Repair Costs: A boiler that is on its way out will require frequent repairs. If you find that you are spending your hard-earned money repairing a system that won’t last you much longer, then it is a waste of money. Essentially, this is a band-aid fix. Instead, invest your money on a new, energy-efficient system. It will pay for itself in the form of reduced energy costs and, more than likely, you won’t have to deal with any repairs!
- Discoloration: If you notice black soot or a yellow flame on your boiler, then it is not burning the fuel that way that it should. In fact, it may not be venting properly and you could have a carbon monoxide leak in your home. Call Townsend Energy right away.
- Leaks: As mentioned above, a boiler can leak for many reasons. However, when it is due to rust or corrosion, this generally indicates the end of its lifespan. Call Townsend Energy to inspect your system.
- Hot/Cold Spots: When your boiler requires an upgrade, you will notice that some rooms feel hot while others feel cold. The controls in your unit could be malfunctioning. Schedule a boiler inspection with a certified professional.
Call Townsend Energy For All Of Your Heating Requirements
If you’re in need of HVAC replacement or any other type of HVAC service in Newbury Massachusetts and the neighboring area, don’t hesitate to call Townsend Energy today!
At Townsend Energy, we provide superior heating and cooling service combined with top-of-the-line products. You can count on our NATE certified service technicians to treat every job like they’re working on their own home. Our energy experts can help you obtain better indoor air quality, energy efficiency, and home comfort. We can achieve all of these goals while lowering your monthly energy costs too.
We stand by the work that we perform for you by offering a guarantee. This way, we can ensure your satisfaction. As a family-owned and operated business, customer satisfaction lies high on the list of priorities. Call us today to see what Townsend Energy can do for you!
Check Out Our Reviews In Newbury MA:
for Newbury, MA
Great service and info
William - Newbury, MA
The tech, Tony, was on time, quick, and very open about the service and maintenance required.
Fixed the problem in 10 min, great job
Raymond Gingras - Newbury, MA
Unfortunately Townsend has needed to fix the Carrier condenser they installed every year for 7 years. I have met Brian three times , always very nice and fixes the problem. Always leaves the work area clean when finished.
Bill - Newbury, MA
Mike did a good job start to finish. I had complete confidence in my safety when he left.
Brian is great to work with
Ted - Newbury, MA
Kimberly - Newbury, MA
Service as promised
BaM - Newbury, MA
William - Newbury, MA
Lynn - Newbury, MA
Outstanding service and technical expertise.
Marty - Newbury, MA
We moved into our home 2 1/2 years ago. The heating/hot water system has never worked properly. Brian took the time to figure out what the problem was (improper initial installation) and then obtained the parts necessary to repair the functionality of the system. We were really pleased with his work.
Emily - Newbury, MA
It was a pleasure to speak with you today. I am pleased all went well with your installation. In advance, thank you for leaving us a review and most importantly, for being our customer.
Lit standing pilot for living room heat-n-Glo Lpg fireplace, and evaluated pilot burner assembly on master bedroom heat-n-Glo fireplace. Ordering new pilot burner assy .
Maintenance on a propane heating system
Installed new capacitor into carrier central air conditioning condensing unit
Oil burner maintenance
No hot water
Tuned up Viessman WB1B-35 Hot water boiler heating System.
Replaced capacitor and reattached compressor plug. Cleaned condenser coils and tested R22.
Tuned up Thermo pride central air conditioning system. Cleaned coils traps drains water pans and adjusted refrigerant To factory specifications. Installed a new high-efficiency air filter.
Fix gas leak
tags: -70.8714528, 42.7649497, 42.7649497 -70.8714528, best oil furnaces newbury ma, boiler replacement cost newbury ma, boiler replacement near me newbury ma, boiler service companies newbury ma, buderus boiler install newbury ma, case study, commercial boiler newbury ma, how much does it cost to replace an oil boiler newbury ma, newbury, newbury HVAC contractor, newbury oil furnace replacement, oil boiler replacement newbury ma, oil boiler reviews newbury ma, oil furnace high-efficiency newbury ma