Boiler Replacement North Andover MA
After many years of operation, a boiler’s lifespan will naturally run its course and no longer operate at full capacity. Even worse, the boiler could begin leaking between sections, making it costly and dangerous to operate.
The Zerbey family discovered that they were dealing with this exact predicament. Their boiler was leaking in sections and it was making a mess all over their basement floor. As far as efficiency goes, the leaking boiler was on its last legs and it was becoming a potential hazard that needed to be addressed.
The Zerbey’s recognized that their boiler was old and outdated. Instead of repairing a leaky boiler that was bound to break down again, they opted to replace it entirely. Their logic was, “Why spend money on a temporary fix at best?”
Problem: The Zerbey knew they had a massive problem on their hands once their old, rundown boiler began leaking between multiple sections. They relied heavily on their boiler for heat and hot water, so repairing the problem became their top priority. They contacted Townsend Energy and requested a free in-home inspection and consultation.
Solution: Townsend Energy listened to the Zerbey’s request and acted immediately. We sent our expert Kevin Anderson to the North Andover, MA residence to assess the damage. He determined the best course of action was to replace the existing outdated and inefficient boiler with a new Buderus Oil Fired Boiler as a better, more energy-efficient option.
The homeowner contacted Townsend Energy and requested an in-home consultation at their residence in North Andover, MA. Our staff is happy to assist them during their time of need, so we sent expert technician Kevin Anderson to diagnose the problem and provide a working solution.
Upon inspecting the boiler, Kevin Anderson agreed with the homeowner’s assessment and determined that it was best to replace the unit altogether. He recommended replacing the existing boiler with the Buderus G115WS/5 Oil Fired FHW Boiler and the homeowner agreed and signed a contract right away. Keep reading to explore this boiler replacement North Andover MA.
Buderus G115WS/5 with a Carlin EZ-1 Oil Burner Installation In North Andover Massachusetts
- Buderus G115WS/5 with a Carlin EZ-1 Oil Burner Installation In North Andover Massachusetts
- When To Replace Your Boiler In North Andover MA?
- Why Upgrade Your North Andover Boiler?
- How To Choose An HVAC Contractor For Your North Andover Boiler Installation
- Townsend Energy Provides Oil Boiler Installations In North Andover, MA
The Zerbey family realized that it was time to say goodbye to their old boiler and replace it with a newer, more energy-efficient model. The Buderus Oil Fired Boiler and Carlin EZ-1 Oil Burner were the obvious replacement choices according to Kevin Anderson. The reasons for his recommendations include:
Buderus G115WS/5 Oil Fired FHW Boiler
Townsend Energy recommends this boiler for a number of different reasons. After removing their original furnace and disposing of it, they replaced it with a Buderus boiler because of the following reasons and benefits:
- 87% AFUE Rating – based on this rating, the Buderus boiler is considered a highly efficient model. The annual fuel utilization efficiency rating (AFUE) stands at 87%. This level of efficiency means the boiler burns 87% of the oil used as fuel. This is extremely efficient and leads to major cost savings for the homeowner over the lifetime of the boiler.
- Full 3” Jacket of Thermal Insulation – this is ideal from a fuel efficiency standpoint. The jacket of thermal insulation will prevent standby losses and keep them at a minimum. That this boiler is barely going to waste any energy when heat is transferred from the water in the tank into surrounding air. This extra thermal insulation will nearly eliminate standby energy loss entirely.
- Operational Efficiency – Buderus employs the use of a gas-tight seal, which is used for efficient and safe operation. This seal is of the utmost importance because safety is always the main priority at Townsend Energy. It guarantees that no gas or air will pass in or out of the seal, effectively making the boiler incredibly efficient and it prevents dangerous gas leaks at the same time.
Carlin EZ-1 Oil Burner
The advanced oil burner from Carlin definitely surpasses the industry standards. It has highly efficient components, the best electronic controls in the industry, and reliability improvement range. The main benefits and reasons why Townsend Energy chose this model include:
- Quiet Operation – The Carlin EZ-Pro 1 oil burner operates with extremely quiet efficiency. They redesigned the model to create a unique blower design. This new design practically eliminates all fan noise in its entirety, making it incredibly quiet to the point that homeowners will hardly know it’s even operating.
- Electronic Dependability – this model is incredibly reliable because it utilizes solid-state ignition and a microprocessor made of state-of-the-art technology. The combination of the two means homeowners will rarely have to worry about electronic problems, if ever. The Diagnostic LED Lights and the Carlin 41,000 electronic igniter are reliable and have a long lifespan.
When To Replace Your Boiler In North Andover MA?
Homeowners must remain vigilant and keep a close eye on their aging boiler. They could suddenly break down out of nowhere, so knowing the signs to look for are of the utmost importance. Below we share the signs and symptoms of what to look for when a boiler needs to be replaced.
- Boiler Leaks – the Zerbey family unfortunately experienced this problem firsthand. Their boiler began leaking between sections, which told them that their boiler was coming to the end of its lifecycle. If the leaks were left unattended for too long, the boiler could suffer from critical damage or lead to costly floods that ravage the property.
- Discoloration On Boiler – another sign to look for is discoloration. Homeowners can learn that their oil fuel isn’t burning properly if they are noticing black soot on and around the unit. This is happening because the fuel isn’t being burned correctly, so it’s creating carbon monoxide. Homeowners should always install carbon monoxide detectors to determine if it’s leaking within the home.
- Increasing Boiler Failures – another major sign that a boiler is nearing the end of its life is an increased frequency of failures. This clearly indicates that the unit needs to be overhauled entirely, or in most cases, homeowners are better off replacing the boiler altogether with a newer, more energy-efficient model.
- Boiler Age – the age of a boiler is always a determining factor that let homeowners know that it’s nearing the time to replace the unit. With proper maintenance and care, a boiler can last for 15 years or longer in some cases. If the boiler is improperly maintained, it may only last for 10 years or less, so regular maintenance is an absolute must and Townsend Energy can help with that.
- Increased Energy Consumption – this is one of the biggest culprits of all. If you suddenly know that your energy bills are rising, it’s likely happening because boiler maintenance is needed more often and the boiler is using more energy because it’s operating at low-efficiency levels. If the boiler requires regular service to remain operational, it’s likely time to replace the unit all together with a highly efficient upgrade.
Why Upgrade Your North Andover Boiler?
At Townsend Energy, we understand that homeowners want their boiler to last as long as possible. We do everything in our power to properly maintain your boiler to keep it running efficiently for as long as it can.
Yet, there will come a time in your boiler’s life when it needs to be replaced. More often than not, this will happen sometime after owning the boiler for 10-15 years.
The main benefits of replacing an outdated boiler include:
- No Costly HVAC Breakdowns – at this stage of the game, homeowners are undoubtedly calling HVAC specialists constantly to repair their old and outdated boilers. Avoid costly breakdowns and the additional expenses that they provide by replacing the boiler entirely with a new highly efficient model.
- Boiler Performance Reliability – after replacing an old and outdated boiler, homeowners no longer have to worry about poor boiler performance. Their new boiler will operate quietly, and efficiently, and it will use much less electricity. This will save them money and heartache for many years to come. They no longer have to worry about waking up freezing cold in the middle of the night because the boiler is on the fritz again. A new boiler eliminates this problem altogether.
- Hot Water Boiler Warranty – when homeowners purchase a new boiler, they immediately qualify for the manufacturer’s warranty. In Buderus’ case, homeowners automatically qualify for warranty coverage that lasts for more than 10 years at various levels. Read more about their warranty here.
- Absolute Comfort – homeowners deserve to feel maximum comfort at all times in their homes. Upgrading the boiler leads to energy-efficient heat that keeps the home toasty warm during the winter and delivers continuous hot water reliably at all times.
- Boiler Longevity – upgrading a boiler is always a good idea if choosing an energy-efficient model with a long lifespan. The best way to guarantee longevity is regular maintenance from Townsend Energy. Combine this with high-quality products from Buderus and other trusted manufacturers, and we have a recipe for boiler longevity success.
- Hydronic Heating System Safety – safety is of the utmost importance for homeowners to consider. Old, rundown, broken boilers could lead to all kinds of health and safety problems. Leaking carbon monoxide is a definite cause for alarm. Leaking water can damage your property and lead to mold overgrowths, which is certainly bad for everyone’s health. Replacing an old boiler with an upgraded model is incredibly important for safety reasons.
How To Choose An HVAC Contractor For Your North Andover Boiler Installation
To make it easy for homeowners to find the best HVAC contractor to meet their needs, please keep the following considerations in mind:
Proper HVAC Contractor Certification – HVAC contractors require proper licensing and insurance to qualify to perform this task. In the state of Massachusetts, an HVAC license isn’t required unless they are working with refrigeration. They also need general liability insurance, workers compensation insurance, insurance for their vehicles, and commercial property insurance in case damage were to occur, and it’s important for homeowners to know what to look for.
HVAC Customer Reviews and References – a potential customer rarely hires a company blindly without looking into their reviews and references. The best companies have references and reviews on hand at all times to make it easy for customers to learn about their performance, customer service skills, their ability to perform the task required of them, and more. Do not hesitate to ask an HVAC contractor for references that can verify their claims.
Heating Installation Experience – experience is the name of the game when hiring an HVAC contractor. Homeowners will likely feel better hiring a contractor with 25 years of experience as opposed to a journeyman just getting started. Townsend Energy has many years of experience providing heating and cooling services, delivering fuel, and other valuable services.
Townsend Energy Provides Oil Boiler Installations In North Andover, MA
Townsend Energy offers superior heating and cooling services in Northeastern Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, and Maine.
We make sure to hire certified technicians who can provide you with excellent services, including tune-ups, repairs, installations, and replacements. Each technician has outstanding knowledge and experience to serve your HVAC system needs correctly.
Townsend Energy guarantees to provide the most competitive heating and cooling service costs in the area. Our maintenance services ensure to improve your comfort, increase your system’s energy efficiency, and reduce your home’s heating and cooling costs.
Need your system repaired or replaced? We’ll recommend the best one for your home and is within your budget. The best part is, all our work is backed with a guarantee to ensure your satisfaction. To schedule an appointment, give us a call today! We also offer free, in-home estimates.
Check Out Our Reviews In North Andover MA:
for North Andover, MA
Ben is awesome
Josh - North Andover, MA
Ben came out right away to address a smell we had. He had determined there was a leak due to our plumber not tightening a connection. Ben was unbelievable. He was extremely professional and is an expert in his field. He was very patient and Thorough as he tested many different parts of the house. He also spent the time to educate me and even went to the neighbors to borrow a ladder which he personally carried. I have not had such caring and professional service like Ben provided in a very long time. We are developers and After my experience with Ben we are 100% using Townsend again for our next project which will be ready next month and for all those thereafter. Thanks Ben you have a great personality, demeanor and expert knowledge and professionalism. Townsend and we customers are very fortunate to have you
Amazing Customer Service!!!!!!!
Candice - North Andover, MA
Joe was outstanding:) He went above and beyond to assist us! HE and the entire team at Townsend have been outstanding to work with:) Truly grateful 🙂
Knew what it was quickly and resolved!
JasonRothstein - North Andover, MA
StevenWieners - North Andover, MA
Brian knew exactly what the house was from our furnace and got the parts and fixed the problem the same day. We are so appreciative. Thank you Brian!
Craig - North Andover, MA
Thank you for the service - very nice people who did a great job!
Can't beat service
Mike - North Andover, MA
Have been working with Joe for years makes it happen all the time
Theresa - North Andover, MA
Tony went above and beyond to try and fix our ac compressor. He was efficient, knowledgeable and hard working.
Mrs - North Andover, MA
Lee did a good job installing the hot water heater! Thank you
Great service. Very polite
Marie Panos - North Andover, MA
Mark - North Andover, MA
Joe went above and beyond to get a service tech to come out and repair my heater , when his tech could not respond he sent over tech from New England Gas. Eric was amazing! Joe has always gone above and beyond to keep Avery happy and satisfied customer!!!!
Emergency propane tank installation. No heat situation where they could not go back home. Children involved.
Emergency propane tank installation. No heat in the house and they couldn’t move home. With children involved
It was a pleasure to speak with you today regarding your installation. We are very pleased that everything went well. In advance, I would like to thank you for leaving us a review. We look forward to continuing to service you for many years to come!
Customer service, fuel delivery, equipment service
Ben Pederson fixing numerous gas leaks in Josh Chmara’s system. Ben was very thorough and professional and dogged in his approach to resolve the situation.
Fixing and started up pool heater for the Emerson Inn when we got no help from the Hayward manufacturing company. Candice was very helpful and very patient.
New Oil & Propane Account
Installation of customer’s fireplace and a 60 gallon propane tank.
Serviced 1989 4 ton Carrier Central AC system with new Turbo 200 capacitor. Tested operations.
tags: 01845, 42.69870239999999 -71.1350575, boiler installation north andover ma, boiler installer near me north andover ma, case study, high efficiency oil boiler north andover ma, north andover ma, oil boiler installation company north andover ma, oil boiler installers near north andover ma, oil boiler replacement north andover ma, residential boiler replacement north andover ma