Buderus Oil Fired Boiler Upgrade in Newbury, Massachusetts
The Allen home of Newbury MA recently called Townsend Energy to perform a boiler tune-up. Since our customer was well-aware of the fact that their Weil-McLain boiler was getting old, she inquired about the condition of her current boiler and a boiler upgrade for their home. She wanted to be proactive and replace her heating system before the possibility of dealing with a boiler breakdown and an emergency no-heat situation in the middle of winter.
Table of Contents:
- Heating System Installation In Newbury MA
- Buderus G115/4 Forced Hot Water Boiler In Newbury Massachusetts
- When To Repair Vs. Replace Your Heating System In Newbury
- Call Townsend Energy For All Of Your Heating Requirements
Our technician, Matt Comeau, inspected her unit and determined that the Weil-McLain boiler’s interior was showing signs of excessive wear and tear. Furthermore, their old heater needed new return pipes. Because of the necessary repair and the age of the boiler, Matt recommended a water boiler upgrade for their Newbury MA home.
Problem: The Allen family had an old Weil-McLain boiler that was worn out and required repairs.
Solution: Townsend Energy removed their old boiler and performed a Buderus water boiler upgrade in their Newbury MA home.
Heating System Installation In Newbury MA
This HVAC installation included the following:
- Buderus G115/4 forced hot water boiler, 87% AFUE
- Riello oil burner with fresh air intake
- Aqua smart outdoor control
- Triple Pass boiler for best in efficiency and longevity.
- Watts 1156 Water Feeder & Backow Preventer.
- Lochinvar SIT040 stainless steel indirect hot water tank. The tank has a lifetime warranty against leakage.
- Flue Pipe from the boiler to chimney.
- All necessary copper piping, with propress fittings.
- Extrol expansion
- (4) Four Grundfos circulators with internal flow checks.
- New supply and return headers, piped in black iron, with stub for additional zones.
- Miscellaneous fittings
- Removal and disposal of existing boiler and related materials
Townsend Energy was able to perform this boiler install relatively quickly. The Allen family did not have to go without heat for long. They were happy that they called Townsend Energy because we went above and beyond their expectations.
We were able to accurately solve their home heating problems in an affordable and effective manner. Now, they feel more comfortable in their Newbury home and will be paying far less on their home heating costs as well.
For superior home heating services, give Townsend Energy a call. Our HVAC services aim to improve your interior comfort, increase energy efficiency, improve indoor air quality, and reduce your energy costs. In addition, you can count on our services to be affordably priced and your satisfaction is always guaranteed. Call today to schedule a free consultation.
Buderus G115/4 Forced Hot Water Boiler In Newbury Massachusetts
Townsend Energy highly recommends Buderus to all of our customers. Buderus manufactures boilers that are known for their reliable performance and energy-efficient operation. Our customer was interested in paying less for their home heating costs without compromising their comfort. So, we recommend the Buderus G115/4 forced hot water boiler for their home.
This hot water oil boiler features:
- High efficiency – 87% AFUE
- Stainless steel burner
- 5-year limited heat exchanger warranty and 1-year limited warranty on electrical and combustion parts
- Outdoor reset control that automatically adjusts to meet heating demands
- Premixes the fuel and oxygenated air for a flame that is clean-burning with reduced emissions
- Accessible swing door for maintenance and servicing
- No refractory parts to ensure a long lifespan
- Thermostream design
- Adjustable legs
- Cast iron outer shell to ensure it is corrosion resistant
- Accessible swing door for maintenance and servicing
- Adjusts its water temperature to meet outdoor conditions
- Two ETL approved venting options-ensures correct venting
- Three-pass boiler design
- Cast-iron heat exchanger and can resist thermal shock
With all of these features, the Allens will feel far more comfortable throughout the cold Newbury winters. Also, they can save money on their home heating costs since it is so energy efficient. Likewise, because they will pay less on their energy costs, this system pays for itself in just a few short years. Overall, this boiler installation was a win-win for the Allens!
If you or a loved one have an old and inefficient heating system in your home, then it may be time to replace it. It is far more cost-effective to replace an old unit than to keep using and/or repairing an old one. Financing is available for those with approved credit. Call now to find out more.
When To Repair Vs. Replace Your Heating System In Newbury
With an old boiler or furnace, choosing whether to repair vs replace can be a tough decision. After all, we all would prefer to spend the money on repairs since it is far more affordable than replacing an entire heating system. However, is it really cost-effective to continually service an old and outdated system? Old heaters require frequent repairs, perform inefficiently, and are notorious for underperforming. So, when do you draw the line? Below, we discuss share some useful tips on how to make a decision like this.
When To Replace Your Heating System
- Age: When your furnace or boiler is reaching the end of its lifespan, then it is time to think about its replacement. Furnaces tend to last 15-20 years with proper maintenance. Boilers tend to last up to 30 years, depending on the care it receives. However, it is important to note that heating systems tend to lose their efficiency as they age. Therefore, if your boiler is approaching its 15+ mark, then it may be time to replace it for improved efficiency.
- HVAC Repairs: As heaters age, they require frequent repairs due to normal wear and tear. Instead of spending your money repairing an inefficient system, replace it with a new efficient system. Repair costs are expensive and can add up over time.
- Uncomfortable Home: An ailing heating system will unable to perform its job of keeping your home comfortable. You will notice that the rooms closest to the heater will feel hot and the rooms farthest away will feel unbearably cold.
- Noisy Operation: A system that is exerting itself will be excessively noisy while operating. If you notice this, then it may be time for a replacement. However, it is also vital that you maintain a regular tune-up schedule for your heating system. This prevents heating problems before they occur. Call Townsend Energy today!
What Benefits Will I Receive With A Heating System Upgrade In Newbury?
- Save Money: If your system is 10 years old or more, you will notice that your repair costs are slowly increasing. If you currently have an ailing system and the cost to repair it is about 50% or more of the value of the system, then it is time for its retirement. You can save a great deal of energy by investing in a new, energy-efficient system. The AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) ratings have greatly improved over the last decade. This surely adds up to a lot of energy dollars saved!
- Tax Credits And Rebates: Investing in a new energy-efficient system comes with tax credits and rebates. Be sure to look for the Energy Star label and talk to Townsend Energy about the available rebates in your area.
- Manufacturer Warranty: All new heating systems come with a manufacturer’s warranty. Should an issue arise, the repair costs are covered.
- Environmentally Aware: Since new heating systems are more energy-efficient than their predecessors, they are also more environmentally friendly as well. You can do your part to help the environment by replacing your inefficient unit with a new one that uses energy more effectively.
- Comfort: New HVAC systems are better at controlling the interior comfort of your home. With a new system, you will feel much more comfortable since your system can control the temperature and humidity levels much more effectively.
- Convenience: New heating systems offer reliable performance. This means you won’t have to miss a day at work to repair your system or deal with a cold house in the middle of winter.
When To Opt For A Heating System Repair Newbury Massachusetts
In some cases, it is better to repair your system rather than replace it.
- Newer System: Systems that are still considered relatively new should be repaired. This makes more financial sense since it still is expected to last for many more years.
- Cost To Repair: If the cost to repair your furnace or boiler is less than half its expected value, then it is probably worth repairing the unit. This is especially true if you haven’t had to deal with frequent repairs and the system is expected to last a while longer.
- Selling Your Home: Talk to your realtor to discuss whether repairing or replacing your unit would be better for the sale of your home.
- Maintain: If your system is in the middle of its expected lifespan, then some simple maintenance can help prolong its service life. These techniques can help you get more mileage out of your HVAC system and put off an immediate replacement Talk to a Townsend Energy expert to see if this is a viable option for you.
Call Townsend Energy For All Of Your Heating Requirements
If you’re in need of an HVAC upgrade or any other type of HVAC service in Newbury Massachusetts, call the experts at Townsend Energy today!
At Townsend Energy, we provide superior HVAC services that you can count on. Our team of NATE certified service technicians delivers skilled and knowledgeable service that is unbeatable by any of our competitors. By working with us, you can expect improved indoor air quality and higher levels of home comfort. You can also expect increased energy efficiency and lower home heating costs as well.
Townsend Energy stands by the work that we perform by offering a guarantee. This way, we can ensure your satisfaction. As a family-owned and operated business for over 85 years, we aim to go above and beyond your expectations. Call us today to see what Townsend Energy can do for you!
Check Out Our Reviews In Newbury MA:
for Newbury, MA
Great service and info
William - Newbury, MA
The tech, Tony, was on time, quick, and very open about the service and maintenance required.
Fixed the problem in 10 min, great job
Raymond Gingras - Newbury, MA
Unfortunately Townsend has needed to fix the Carrier condenser they installed every year for 7 years. I have met Brian three times , always very nice and fixes the problem. Always leaves the work area clean when finished.
Bill - Newbury, MA
Mike did a good job start to finish. I had complete confidence in my safety when he left.
Brian is great to work with
Ted - Newbury, MA
Kimberly - Newbury, MA
Service as promised
BaM - Newbury, MA
William - Newbury, MA
Lynn - Newbury, MA
Outstanding service and technical expertise.
Marty - Newbury, MA
We moved into our home 2 1/2 years ago. The heating/hot water system has never worked properly. Brian took the time to figure out what the problem was (improper initial installation) and then obtained the parts necessary to repair the functionality of the system. We were really pleased with his work.
Emily - Newbury, MA
It was a pleasure to speak with you today. I am pleased all went well with your installation. In advance, thank you for leaving us a review and most importantly, for being our customer.
Lit standing pilot for living room heat-n-Glo Lpg fireplace, and evaluated pilot burner assembly on master bedroom heat-n-Glo fireplace. Ordering new pilot burner assy .
Maintenance on a propane heating system
Installed new capacitor into carrier central air conditioning condensing unit
Oil burner maintenance
No hot water
Tuned up Viessman WB1B-35 Hot water boiler heating System.
Replaced capacitor and reattached compressor plug. Cleaned condenser coils and tested R22.
Tuned up Thermo pride central air conditioning system. Cleaned coils traps drains water pans and adjusted refrigerant To factory specifications. Installed a new high-efficiency air filter.
Fix gas leak
tags: -70.8714528, 42.7649497, 42.7649497 -70.8714528, best oil furnaces newbury ma, boiler replacement cost newbury ma, boiler replacement near me newbury ma, boiler service companies newbury ma, buderus boiler install newbury ma, case study, commercial boiler newbury ma, how much does it cost to replace an oil boiler newbury ma, newbury, newbury HVAC contractor, newbury oil furnace replacement, oil boiler replacement newbury ma, oil boiler reviews newbury ma, oil furnace high-efficiency newbury ma