Weil-McLain Forced Hot Water Boiler Upgrade In Danvers, Massachusetts
The Beaulier family of Danvers, MA called Townsend Energy with a “no-heat” and “no hot water” emergency situation. When they called our office, we immediately dispatched the technician to diagnose the problem. Our expert boiler heating system technician, Brian Thayer, quickly determined that the existing boiler needed to be upgraded.
We provided a written quote for a new Weil-McLain forced hot water boiler installation. This system is capable of providing domestic hot water as well. We were able to utilize the existing heating oil tank and the replacement was performed quickly.
Problem: The Beauliers experienced an emergency situation where their old boiler had failed. This resulted in a heating system that was not providing heat or hot water.
Solution: We installed a new oil-fired Weil-McLain forced hot water boiler heating system.
Table of Contents:
The installation of a new boiler heating system significantly upgrades the comfort level of your house as well as the house value. In the Beaulier family’s instance, we were able to quickly replace the old, outdated boiler with a new, energy-efficient, oil boiler heater. The new system that we installed is an industry renowned boiler fabricated by Weil-McLain.
This project consisted of the installation of a new Weil-McLain WTGO3 forced hot water boiler, a new Riello oil burner with a fresh air intake, a new tankless water heater with a mixing valve, and a new AquaSmart Boiler Control for Oil. In addition to supplying all the necessary copper piping, fittings, and connections to the chimney, we also installed a new Watts 1156 water feeder, backflow preventer, and two Grundfos circulators. Our team removed and disposed of the outdated boiler.
Weil-McLain Oil Boiler
The Weil-McLain name is synonymous with warmth and comfort. They manufacture energy-efficient, high-quality oil-fired boilers can be designed to fit the tightest spaces. They also can be fitted with boiler & zone controls that can be adapted for any size residential application.
In this project, we installed the Weil-McLain WTGO3 oil-fired, cast iron boiler. This heating system features:
- Factory tested and assembled cast-iron section assembly
- Tankless, high capacity water heater
- Flexible venting options for simplified installation
Common Reasons To Upgrade An Oil Boiler
Homeowners install new boiler heating systems for a variety of reasons. For example:
Decrease oil heating fuel costs with a new high-efficiency boiler. The installation of new heating equipment has the added benefit of high-efficiency design and construction. The technology within the heating and cooling industry advances rapidly. Heaters that were fabricated 15 years ago simply do not have the same level of energy efficiency.
Improve your home’s comfort level with quieter operation. Newer boiler heating systems have a much quieter level of operation. If your existing heater makes a lot of noises during the day and at night, you will notice a decrease in decibel levels when installing a brand-new heating system.
Reduced greenhouse gas emissions. New HVAC systems typically produce fewer carbon emissions and have a smaller carbon footprint than their equivalent systems that were built 10 years ago or older. For environmentally-conscious consumers, this is a compelling reason to upgrade their boiler.
Improve the reliability of your heating system with a new boiler that won’t break down frequently. One of the primary reasons homeowners upgrade their boiler is due to mechanical breakdowns of their existing system. Let’s face it, heating systems are just like any other mechanical piece of equipment. They have an expected lifespan.
When your equipment exceeds its expected lifespan, it is very common to experience frequent breakdowns. This requires a higher frequency of repairs and emergency boiler repairs.
Improve the overall home comfort with better heating and hot water. By installing a new piece of heating equipment, the total home comfort levels in your house will improve.
Additionally, as in the case of this project, the home’s hot water system is also updated since it is tied into the heating system. In situations like this, homeowners will find that the longevity of hot water is much better.
Boiler Upgrade FAQs
- Should I upgrade my boiler? – According to Weil-McLain in an article they published titled, “Seven Telltale Signs Your Boiler Needs To Be Replaced”, they state the following: “Condensing boilers haven’t been on the market for a long time and therefore it is hard to predict their longevity. With proper maintenance, they are expected to last at least 15 years or longer. Weil-McLain boilers come with a 10-year non-prorated heat exchanger warranty for commercial boilers, 12-year non-prorated heat exchanger warranty for residential boilers and two-year parts warranty for both categories.” Further in the article, they discuss cast iron boilers. Cast iron boilers have a much longer lifespan however they do not have the efficiency levels that newer boilers have. Therefore if your house has a cast iron boiler that is 20 or 30 years old, or older, you are most likely consuming much more fuel and energy than you should be. Often times, the cost of upgrading to a new boiler can be offset by the savings and energy.
- How long does it take to replace a new boiler? – There are many factors that impact this answer. For example, if the new boiler is a replacement to an existing boiler and the fuel type remains the same, the replacement can be as fast as one day. However, if the boiler installation is more complex, it could take as many as three days.
- Do you need new radiators with a new boiler? – Typically, you do not need to replace your radiators. However, there many factors to be considered in this decision. The best course of action is to contact Townsend Energy and request a free, in-home consultation. We will assess your current heating system, including the radiators, chimney, fuel source, and electrical supply. After a complete assessment, we will give you our recommendation and several alternatives to consider.
- Can a plumber install a boiler? – The quick answer is yes. However, boiler installations are best left to heating and cooling contractors who specialize in these things. A traditional plumber does not have the same level of training, support, or parts and in-field expertise. At Townsend Energy, we specialize in boilers in the necessary fuel delivery (home heating oil and propane) as well.
Townsend Energy Provides Oil Boiler Installations In Danvers, MA
Contact Townsend Energy for all of your boiler replacement, installation, upgrade, or service needs in Danvers, Massachusetts! We offer best-in-class oil boiler services giving you peace of mind.
We stand by the work we perform, offering a satisfaction guarantee. As a family-owned and operated business, customer satisfaction is our utmost priority. Call today to see what Townsend Energy can do for your heating needs!
Check Out Our Reviews In Danvers MA:
for Danvers, MA
Professional respectful and efficient
Marty - Danvers, MA
Natsue - Danvers, MA
Very good a professional
Tony’s a pro.
SAMUEL - Danvers, MA
Great service, professional and friendly- was in compliance with corona virus policies as well!!
Kathleen - Danvers, MA
Very friendly and professional service!!
Christina - Danvers, MA
Great Job, Seamless Installation. Fair Price.
Mark - Danvers, MA
I had my heating/AC (added) system completely replaced and relocated New equipment and duct work. Having 25 years experience with Townsend they were my choice. Everyone on the Townsend team from the planning to the installation and completion were professional, courteous, and excellent at their portion of the job. The job went seamlessly and was done within the time frame planned and at the contract price. 100% satisfied. Thank You Townsend!!
Craig - Danvers, MA
Brian came at 10:00 pm to fix the problem He was great
good service & price
Eugene - Danvers, MA
Jim - Danvers, MA
Fantastic customer service from all involved! (Brian, Doug and Matt...)
George - Danvers, MA
Great service experience and appreciated the effort by Brian T to follow-up with the supplier on the warranty claim of our new water heater.
Tuned up Mitsubishi Ductless Air Conditioning system.
Serviced Wayne burner and Burnham boiler with new tune up parts.
Inspected Heat Controller, 4-Ton, Central Air Conditioning System. Dual Run capacitor tested to factory specs. Tested voltage, and Refrigerant Charge to factory specs. Fastened electrical cover and service gauge valves with new screws and seal caps.
Tuned up Weil McLain Heating system with new parts and purged zones. Tested combustion emissions to factory specifications.
Fixing oil burner
Installed new expansion tank and two air vents to restore hot water production.
Tuned up Raypak Gas Pool Heater.
Tuned up American Standard oil heating System and Carrier Central Air Conditioning System.
Installed heavy duty transformer to operate 5 zone controls, and installed new expansion tank and air vent. Tested and Labeled all zones.
Adjusted Beckett oil burner to resolve combustion loud noise, by selecting from a choice of nozzles from Weil McLain setup manual
tags: -70.9577739, 01923, 01937, 42.5612856, 42.5612856 -70.9577739, boiler replacement cost danvers ma, boiler replacement near me danvers ma, boiler service companies danvers ma, case study, danvers ma, how much does it cost to replace an oil boiler danvers ma, oil boiler replacement danvers ma, weil-mclain boiler install danvers ma