Weil-McLain Forced Hot Water Boiler Upgrade In Danvers, Massachusetts
The Beaulier family of Danvers, MA called Townsend Energy with a “no-heat” and “no hot water” emergency situation. When they called our office, we immediately dispatched the technician to diagnose the problem. Brian Thayer, a Townsend Energy HVAC Comfort Consultant, quickly determined that the existing boiler needed to be upgraded.
We provided a written quote for a new Weil-McLain forced hot water boiler installation. This system is capable of providing domestic hot water as well. We were able to utilize the existing heating oil tank and the replacement was performed quickly.
Problem: The Beauliers experienced an emergency situation where their old boiler had failed. This resulted in a heating system that was not providing heat or hot water.
Solution: We installed a new oil-fired Weil-McLain forced hot water boiler heating system.
Table of Contents:
The installation of a new boiler heating system significantly upgrades the comfort level of your house as well as the house value. In the Beaulier family’s instance, we were able to quickly replace the old, outdated boiler with a new, energy-efficient, oil boiler heater. The new system that we installed is an industry renowned boiler fabricated by Weil-McLain.
This project consisted of the installation of a new Weil-McLain WTGO3 forced hot water boiler, a new Riello oil burner with a fresh air intake, a new tankless water heater with a mixing valve, and a new AquaSmart Boiler Control for Oil. In addition to supplying all the necessary copper piping, fittings, and connections to the chimney, we also installed a new Watts 1156 water feeder, backflow preventer, and two Grundfos circulators. Our team removed and disposed of the outdated boiler.
Weil-McLain Oil Boiler
The Weil-McLain name is synonymous with warmth and comfort. They manufacture energy-efficient, high-quality oil-fired boilers can be designed to fit the tightest spaces. They also can be fitted with boiler & zone controls that can be adapted for any size residential application.
In this project, we installed the Weil-McLain WTGO3 oil-fired, cast iron boiler. This heating system features:
- Factory tested and assembled cast-iron section assembly
- Tankless, high capacity water heater
- Flexible venting options for simplified installation
Common Reasons To Upgrade An Oil Boiler
Homeowners install new boiler heating systems for a variety of reasons. For example:
Decrease oil heating fuel costs with a new high-efficiency boiler. The installation of new heating equipment has the added benefit of high-efficiency design and construction. The technology within the heating and cooling industry advances rapidly. Heaters that were fabricated 15 years ago simply do not have the same level of energy efficiency.
Improve your home’s comfort level with quieter operation. Newer boiler heating systems have a much quieter level of operation. If your existing heater makes a lot of noises during the day and at night, you will notice a decrease in decibel levels when installing a brand-new heating system.
Reduced greenhouse gas emissions. New HVAC systems typically produce fewer carbon emissions and have a smaller carbon footprint than their equivalent systems that were built 10 years ago or older. For environmentally-conscious consumers, this is a compelling reason to upgrade their boiler.
Improve the reliability of your heating system with a new boiler that won’t break down frequently. One of the primary reasons homeowners upgrade their boiler is due to mechanical breakdowns of their existing system. Let’s face it, heating systems are just like any other mechanical piece of equipment. They have an expected lifespan.
When your equipment exceeds its expected lifespan, it is very common to experience frequent breakdowns. This requires a higher frequency of repairs and emergency boiler repairs.
Improve the overall home comfort with better heating and hot water. By installing a new piece of heating equipment, the total home comfort levels in your house will improve.
Additionally, as in the case of this project, the home’s hot water system is also updated since it is tied into the heating system. In situations like this, homeowners will find that the longevity of hot water is much better.
Boiler Upgrade FAQs
- Should I upgrade my boiler? – According to Weil-McLain in an article they published titled, “Seven Telltale Signs Your Boiler Needs To Be Replaced”, they state the following: “Condensing boilers haven’t been on the market for a long time and therefore it is hard to predict their longevity. With proper maintenance, they are expected to last at least 15 years or longer. Weil-McLain boilers come with a 10-year non-prorated heat exchanger warranty for commercial boilers, 12-year non-prorated heat exchanger warranty for residential boilers and two-year parts warranty for both categories.” Further in the article, they discuss cast iron boilers. Cast iron boilers have a much longer lifespan however they do not have the efficiency levels that newer boilers have. Therefore if your house has a cast iron boiler that is 20 or 30 years old, or older, you are most likely consuming much more fuel and energy than you should be. Often times, the cost of upgrading to a new boiler can be offset by the savings and energy.
- How long does it take to replace a new boiler? – There are many factors that impact this answer. For example, if the new boiler is a replacement to an existing boiler and the fuel type remains the same, the replacement can be as fast as one day. However, if the boiler installation is more complex, it could take as many as three days.
- Do you need new radiators with a new boiler? – Typically, you do not need to replace your radiators. However, there many factors to be considered in this decision. The best course of action is to contact Townsend Energy and request a free, in-home consultation. We will assess your current heating system, including the radiators, chimney, fuel source, and electrical supply. After a complete assessment, we will give you our recommendation and several alternatives to consider.
- Can a plumber install a boiler? – The quick answer is yes. However, boiler installations are best left to heating and cooling contractors who specialize in these things. A traditional plumber does not have the same level of training, support, or parts and in-field expertise. At Townsend Energy, we specialize in boilers in the necessary fuel delivery (home heating oil and propane) as well.
Townsend Energy Provides Oil Boiler Installations In Danvers, MA
Contact Townsend Energy for all of your boiler replacement, installation, upgrade, or service needs in Danvers, Massachusetts! We offer best-in-class oil boiler services giving you peace of mind.
We stand by the work we perform, offering a satisfaction guarantee. As a family-owned and operated business, customer satisfaction is our utmost priority. Call today to see what Townsend Energy can do for your heating needs!
Check Out Our Reviews In Danvers MA:
for Danvers, MA
Brian Mutascio AC spring tune up
DavidPesky - Danvers, MA 01923
Great customer service
Mr Roger A Powers - Danvers, MA 01923
Customer service rep Cindy was very helpful and listened and responded to the situation in a positive manner. Excellent service.
SHARON - Danvers, MA 01923
Beth went up and beyond
RICO - Danvers, MA 01923
Rep was very patient and informative in explaining ways I could meet my needs.
June - Danvers, MA 01923
I called with a billing question and Maria listened attentively and understood my concerns and removed the charge to my account. We recently had a new furnace installed and she removed a previous charge that we acquired while our problems were being diagnosed. She provided excellent customer service!
Roxanne - Danvers, MA 01923
Was very helpful in setting up accounts and reviewing them with me
ItamarBodek - Danvers, MA 01923
Deborah - Danvers, MA 01923
Wonderful. Men were professional and cleaned up.
JeffreyBates - Danvers, MA 01923
Service was great. The Tech was knowledgeable and respectful of the property.
JillianHall - Danvers, MA 01923
Hi Joyce, it was a pleasure speaking with you and setting up your new Townsend account. At Townsend, we value our customers' feedback and would greatly appreciate if you could leave a review on the service that was provided by Sarah. Thank you!
It was a pleasure speaking with you today! At Townsend, we value our customers' feedback and would greatly appreciate if you could leave a review on the service that was provided. Thank you!
Installed new capacitor and adjusted overcharged system to design specifications on 2919 Carrier.
Serviced UNICO central AC high velocity system with cleaning and testing.
Tuned up Fujitsu Air Conditioning system with cleaning and efficiency test .
It was a pleasure speaking with you today! At Townsend, we value our customers' feedback and would greatly appreciate if you could leave a review on the service that was provided today? Thank you!
Hi Brett, it was a pleasure speaking with you and setting up your new Townsend account. At Townsend, we value our customers' feedback and would greatly appreciate if you could leave a review on the service that was provided by Sarah. Thank you!
Hi Cathy, it was a pleasure speaking with you and setting up your new Townsend account. At Townsend, we value our customers' feedback and would greatly appreciate if you could leave a review on the service that was provided by Sarah. Thank you!
Customer call wanting to lower his budget payment per mo. from $531.00 to $400.00. This was ok'd as long as his pool usage doesn't go up. He's pleased
Cust called in re our daily rates for his Cap price. Was able to lower with help of Judy. This customer was very pleased!
tags: -70.9577739, 01923, 01937, 42.5612856, 42.5612856 -70.9577739, boiler replacement cost danvers ma, boiler replacement near me danvers ma, boiler service companies danvers ma, case study, danvers ma, how much does it cost to replace an oil boiler danvers ma, oil boiler replacement danvers ma, weil-mclain boiler install danvers ma