Weil-Mclain Oil Boiler Installation Project In Winchester, Massachusetts
Nothing is worse than having your heating system work improperly on a chilly winter day. Mr. Borner had an old oil boiler in his Winchester MA home that required multiple service calls. The system did not seem like it was producing enough heat because the first floor was slow to warm up, and the second floor seemed like it was not receiving much heat.
Problem: Townsend Energy sent Kevin Anderson to inspect the current boiler and system components and determine if it was large enough to handle the Borner’s heating needs. After inspection of the old boiler system, Kevin determined that the old system was not adequate to heat the home and needed to be replaced.
Solution: Kevin recommended removing the old boiler and upgrading to an energy-efficient Weil Mclain boiler with a Riello oil burner. This heating system installation in Winchester, MA also included a new water expansion tank as well as a new Honeywell WIFI thermostat.
Weil-Mclain Oil Boiler Upgrade In Winchester MA
This oil boiler installation included:
- Weil-Mclain WGO-5rd Forced Hot Water Boiler, 87% AFUE
- Riello oil burner
- Clean out chimney Base
- Aqua smart boiler control
- Watts 1156 water feeder & backflow preventer
- Four new Grundfos circulators with internal flow check valves that connect to the existing indirect hot water heater
- All new flue pipe from boiler to chimney.
- All necessary copper piping, with fittings.
- Extrol expansion & air separator
- The oil line will be upgraded to meet existing codes using a tiger loop system
- New supply and return headers, piped in black iron
- Miscellaneous fittings
- Removal and disposal of existing boiler and related materials
- The new Weil Mclain boiler has a manufacturer’s 20-year limited warranty to the original purchaser
Townsend Energy provided the equipment that was needed for this boiler replacement in Winchester, MA. This installation project included a new Weil-Mclain hot water boiler, oil burner, venting, oil line, and a new Honeywell WIFI thermostat. As is customary in our heating system replacements, we removed the old boiler and disposed of it.
Weil-Mclain WGO-5RD Hot Water Oil Boiler For Winchester Massachusetts Homes
Weil-McLain is well-known in the HVAC industry for producing some of the most reliable, long-lasting boilers in the market. This is why Townsend Energy highly recommends these boilers to all of their customers. This particular model offers a durable, home heating solution for hot water systems. It offers a high level of energy efficiency and comfort, two of the most important aspects that homeowners desire. Some of the features of the Weil-Mclain WGO-5RD include:
- Cast iron sections
- Easy-open top and swing-away burner door
- Two flue outlets-enabling flexibility for venting options
- Wall design is recessed
- Factory-wired circulator
- 87% AFUE
- Boiler section sare sealed with silicone-coated fiber ropes
- Prevents heat loss with an extended, insulated steel jacket
- Energy Star Listed
- ASME Certified
- AHRI Certified
- 2-year warranty for parts
- 20-year warranty for heat exchanger
The Borners are happy with their new heating system. They have the peace of mind that they can count on their system for home heating and hot water for many years to come. Also, the Borner family can expect to pay less on their energy costs due to an improvement in efficiency, especially when compared to their old, outdated boiler.
They are glad that they called Townsend Energy as we were able to find a system that matches their needs while working within their budget. Also, we were able to install this system quickly as to not disrupt their normal, everyday activities.
If you or a loved one have a boiler that is old and is not performing well, be sure to give the experts at Townsend Energy a call. We can come to your home to inspect your system and determine what comfort solutions might work best for you. By working with us, you can expect fast, friendly, and knowledgeable services. Also, we can offer you the most affordable services in all of New England. Give us a call to schedule a free, in-home estimate!
Top Seven Signs For A Hot Water Boiler Replacement In Winchester, MA
In order to avoid an emergency no-heat situation in your house, it is a good idea to plan your boiler replacement ahead of time. A boiler that is on its last leg will display signs that indicate the need for a boiler upgrade. Below, we list some of the most common signs:
- Boiler Age. It is important to note that a boiler that receives annual boiler maintenance will outlast one that does not. The average life expectancy of a cast-iron boiler is around 30 years. However, as a boiler ages, it will lose some of its efficiency and you will notice an increase in operational costs and HVAC repairs.
- Burn marks and soot. Be sure to inspect your boiler regularly. Also, call Townsend Energy for an annual boiler tune-up and inspection. If you notice that your boiler has burn marks on the metal on the front of the boiler or soot under the burners, then give us a call right away.
- Deposits and rust. When you notice that your boiler has calcium deposits and rust, then it may be time for a boiler replacement. Some cast-iron boilers will display calcium deposits on the pumps or pipe joints. Also, they will display rust on the metal venting. These signs may indicate the time for a heating system upgrade.
- Boiler breakdowns are occurring more often. The older the boiler gets, the more frequently it will require repairs as one part replacement leads to another. If you notice that you are calling an HVAC contractor a couple of times a year, then it is time to replace your unit. You are spending too much on boiler repairs instead of investing your money on a new, energy-efficient system.
- Discomfort: If your radiators are not heating or are producing limited heat, then it may be time for a new boiler installation. You will also notice that your home has hot and cold spots.
- The boiler makes strange noises. If an older boiler’s piping bangs, pops, rattles, squeals when it is running, it could be time for a replacement.
- The system needs more water often. A hot water boiler should not need to have water added more than once per season to maintain the boiler pressure. If you notice that you have to add water, you may have a boiler leak on your hands.
Call Townsend Energy For All Of Your Home Heating Requirements
Table of Contents:
Townsend Energy offers superior HVAC services that you can trust. Our NATE certified technicians are knowledgeable and have the right experience to provide you with services that shine above all of our competitors.
Townsend Energy offers top-notch heating and cooling repairs, tune-ups, installation services, and more. We guarantee to deliver affordable home comfort solutions that improve your home’s comfort level, indoor air quality, and efficiency. Furthermore, we offer a warranty for all of the work that we perform to ensure your satisfaction.
Check Out Our Reviews In Winchester, MA:
for Winchester, MA
SarahBernardo - Winchester, MA
GeorgeOlson - Winchester, MA
Good worker. Checked everything he could to see that the whistle whistled.
Mr Captian Carl - Winchester, MA
Scott Carson - Winchester, MA
Brian was very helpful & thorough
Oil tank replacement
Dr. Siya - Winchester, MA
Excellent Customer Service!
Christos - Winchester, MA
Really impressed with the great service and exceptional workmanship. Townsend replaced my AC system in the summer and because they did such a great job I decided to hire them again to replace my heating system. I highly recommend them.
On time and efficient
David - Winchester, MA
Great service, above and beyond
George - Winchester, MA
Brian came to fix a specific problem. He extended his work to address other issues he saw, saving me from needing another service call. I really appreciated it!
Terry - Winchester, MA
Hugh - Winchester, MA
Tony was awesome. Very thorough, knowledgeable and professional. He was also extremely nice.
Serviced living room steam convectors with new air vents, and assured all other room convectors were heating.
Serviced main heating zone with new circulator and air vent. Tested heating output.
Hello! It was a pleasure to speak with you today regarding your installation. We are very happy everything went well. Please do not hesitate to give us a call. Thank you for leaving a review and for being part of the Townsend Family.
Serviced Hot water heating system with new tune up parts. Tested combustion emissions.
It was a pleasure to speak with you today. We are very happy things went well during your installation. Please do not hesitate to give us a call with any questions you may have. Thank you for being part of the Townsend Family and for leaving a review.
Installed new Dual Capacitor into Carrier 2018 Condenser, to restore Hugh velocity Central AC cooling.
Annual service of Buderus oil heating system with installation of new tune up parts. Tested combustion emissions to factory specifications.
Serviced Carrier central air conditioning system with new dual run capacitor the end evaluation and correction to refrigeration circuit.
Serviced Buderus boiler heating system with new air vent , relief valve & 3/4 union. Tested, excercised and adjusted system pressures.
tags: -71.1369959, 01890, 42.45230299999999, 42.45230299999999 -71.1369959, boiler installation companies in winchester ma, boiler installation time in winchester ma, boiler upgrade in winchester ma, case studies, heating system replacement in winchester ma, hvac companies in winchester ma, new boiler cost including installation in winchester ma, oil boilers in winchester ma, weil-mclain boiler upgrade winchester ma, weil-mclain distributors winchester, winchester